We make wedding cakes, novelty cakes, wedding favours, cupcakes, cake-pops and more

Monday 28 January 2013

Oriental Sticky Pork

I know this is not a confection, but my Mom asked me for the recipe and I thought I would share it with everyone  This recipe takes time, but it is well worth it. I think I got it off a TV show when we were living in the UK, but not too sure.

Ingredients
450g pork belly
4T dark soy sauce
1t grated fresh ginger
1t ground cinnamon
1t castor sugar
3T rice wine vinegar

Method
1. Cut pork into 2.5cm cubes. Place skin-side down in a non-stick pan. Sprinkle with soy sauce and 1T water.
2. Add ginger and cinnamon
3. Cover and turn on heat. As soon as it starts to boil, turn don the heat and cook gently for 45min.
4. Turn meat sprinkle with sugar and rice wine.
5. Cover and cook slowly for 45 min. Turn once or twice during this time

Serve with steamed veg and rice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment