We make wedding cakes, novelty cakes, wedding favours, cupcakes, cake-pops and more

Monday 21 January 2013

Introductions


Introductions
It is a rainy Sunday afternoon and I have finally caved in to my husband's suggestion that I start blogging. (Do you know Blogger spell check does not recognise the words 'blogging' or 'blogger'?)
I say I have caved because I dislike talking (writing) about myself in general. I would far rather be reading about someone else than be in the spotlight.
But anyway, on to formal introductions. I live with my family and two muddy dogs in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg, South Africa, and there is no other place that I would rather be.
Up until now I have been a Jill-of-all-Trades. I have worked as a bar tender and restaurant manager, and been a dental nurse and law office filing clerk, and they have all paid the bills - some better than others. But my passion lies in art and making beautiful things. I have tried most forms of creative art and have recently discovered that my heart lies in cake decorating.
The world of cake decorating is fairly new to me. I have had some interesting (if not disastrous!) experiences in the kitchen so far, and I now intend sharing my kitchen mishaps and miracles with you.
Fondantly Yours
JJ



No comments:

Post a Comment