We make wedding cakes, novelty cakes, wedding favours, cupcakes, cake-pops and more

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Wedding Cake Course

For those of you who don't know I have been attending a Wedding Cake Course since the beginning of February. It is run by Kate DeWaal of http://www.sugar-n-ice.co.za/ and Khali Collins of http://www.saschoolofweddings.co.za/index.html

I have had a great time and learned so much, but most of all the course has given me the confidence to get out there and offer my services to Brides. Everything has been covered from basic recipes to piping royal icing and assembling cakes.

Here are a few photos of what I have learned so far

Chocolate collar - spiral

Chocolate collar

Chocolate collar - polka dot 


We learned to cover a cake with fondant, pipe royal icing and make sugar flowers
Little trumpet flowers

Daisies and blossoms ideal for cupcakes

I used what I had learned and made a dummy cake at home.

A closeup of the piping detail and fresh flowers topping the cake
Sugar flowers I made at home












No comments:

Post a Comment